Sunday, September 21, 2014

125 days post surgery............ (scar pics included)

On May 19th, I has bilateral total knee replacement - or in other words I have two new knees.


Before surgery, my legs had become very bowed and I had lost an inch and a half in height.

 I challenged the doctors - I had two in the operating room - to be the best. Both legs are the same except for the number of staples used to close the incisions.



I went back to work at week 11 but the struggle to heal is still a daily event.  The biggest issue I have right now is swelling and pain from the swelling.

Today at 125 days - 16 weeks - 4 months - my biggest challenge is myself!  I feel good so I do more.  When I do more, I swell more, and swelling leads to pain.  I can make it through the day with no pain pilss if I rest and elevate.  

I have to remind myself of how far I have come in 125 days.

I am so thankful to my husband and son for putting up with me all these days, my neighbors, my church family and school friends, my mother in law and my parents for all there help.

I also have to give special thanks to Russ Huddleston and Hillary Rendon and their team at http://www.starkvillept.com/ for pushing me all summer long to regain my motion. 

I'm ready to get back to life but I know I still have a long way to go to return to life not being ruled my knees and legs.

The best compliment that I gave gotten lately is that the pain no longer shows in my eyes.  I am trying to be patient with myself but that is a difficult thing!

1 comment:

  1. Sp proud of you little Sis! Oh the places you will go with new knees in tow!

    ReplyDelete