Sunday, March 18, 2012

A time for new beginnings.............

I was on Spring Break this week and we did a little bit from our list of things to do.  I finished up the drawers from the kitchen and Terry got all the knobs and pulls on.  We are debating over what to put between the cabinet and counter tops.  I know I want stamped metal behind the stove but can't decide whether or not to carry it around under all the cabinets.  So many choices!

One morning I woke up to let the chickens out and it looked like jewels in my front yard.

The chickens didn't care about any of the beautiful things - they wanted breakfast and were in a big hurry!


We also had visitors this week.  They are like you crazy, old aunt that makes a lot of noise and never wants to be forgotten.........LOL

Max had to say hello also.

They stayed a little while and rested before moving on.  We have had several pairs stop and rest.

I transplanted and trimmed my rosemary bush.  Not sure if it will be happy in this pot and I need to settle it down a little more.  This is one of my only plants the chickens did not eat last summer.

AND we worked on cedar boards.  We trimmed them, planed them, measured them, and hung them.  We finished most of the living/dining.kitchen area today.  We have about 8 feet let of the ceiling to do in this room.

We started over the kitchen ceiling as well.  There is 8 feet to finish in this room.  We have not started on the laundry room or the closets yet.

Our bedroom is now finished - ceilings, walls, trim and baseboards.

Bedroom from the northeast corner.

And the last wall with the tv.  My amazing husband made a floating shelf to hide all the cables and things in.  It looks so different in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment