Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Wanderings

We were quite busy this weekend.  Terry cut cedar most of the day Friday and was so sore that he couldn't sleep.  We watched the Alabama game on Saturday and were very happy with the final result.  When we went to put the chickens up on Saturday night, this is what we found:
Max watching the flock to ensure they all go to bed.
Some of the chicks are ready to sleep.

  Today we got a lot done but not what we needed.  A tree dropped into the sawmill track and knocked it out of balance so we couldn't saw lumber.  Terry moved the track and sawmill to the side and will work on re-leveling it this week.  We went to Lowe's to find parts for the propane tank and were unsuccessful.  We didn't come home empty handed though:
We bought a new welcome mat today when we went looking for pipe fittings.
The propane tank is now in its new home.
It was so beautiful out this afternoon.  We had lots of company following us around.  
Lucy has been quite curious all day.


The bees and wasps were very active this afternoon collecting end of the summer meals.


Terry finally decided to rest some.
This is looking back towards our house from the far side of the pond.
He even let me get in the boat..........lol 


Max wanted in, too!


He usually won't get in when we go to pick him up but today he did.


Scooter was looking for fish. (I don't know why this keeps turning sideways!)


And here is what all the boys were trying to find.  This guy was about 2 foot long and FAT around the middle.  There were 3 others like him that I didn't get pictures of.

The weekend was way too short!

2 comments:

  1. The lake looks prettier than I remember and I remember it looking very pretty. But I can't see your house in the picture.

    Thank you for inviting me to visit your blog. I like it very much and it reminded me that I started one of my own a few years back. Has only two silly entries. I made it to keep track of our travels but totally forgot about it and even how to get back into it. It was a big hassle to get in last night.

    Anyway, take care. Will be looking for your next entry. Can one of your next entries include a picture of your house from a distance, but not too far distance?

    Love to you and Terry and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still a mess around the house as it is not all finished. I can do some before during and after pictures. :) The lake was quite call and the skies were perfect for picture taking. We also lost a 3 foot long grass carp that kept the water stirred up and muddy looking. Now instead we have lots of grass! Send me a link to your travel blog when you get your next entry done!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete