Sunday, October 2, 2011

For my dear friend Rosemary!

This weekend was relaxing for me.  Last week was Homecoming week at the school and we had a BUSY week!  I decided I was going to recuperate this weekend and did as little as possible.  It was probably good that we did a little of nothing as we got a phone call Saturday afternoon:  "Dad, I'm nearly out of gas!"  We were able to rescue Adam who was about 30 miles south of us and he came to the house for supper and some geocaching. :)

We found two with his help, Curtis Chapel Cemetery Cache and Curtis Chapel Water Tank Cache  We had a good time.  Also stopped at the Dumping Ground and Octopus to show Adam the ropes of geocaching.


I was not the only one relaxing and enjoying the weather.  Munster was sprawled out in the sun watching his girls scratch in the woods.  Terry couldn't leave him be and got him stirred up and moving.  Poor baby!


I walked out to take a picture for Rosemary and my entourage went with me!

Here is a picture of the house from the west end.  The porch wall and ceiling are nearly finished.  They still need sealed with waterproofing.  We started on that on the right side and didn't like the way it turned out.  We are still debating what color to use.  Where the four wheeler is parked, we are building a 12 by 50 porch.  The foundation trenches are dug just waiting for forms and concrete.  As soon as we dug them, the rain started - such is our life!


Here is the front of the house from the other side of the lawn that I mow.  The house is centered and the saw mill barn is too the left.


Here is the panoramic view from the far north east corner of the lawn.  I think the camera bobbled in the middle!  LOL

And a closer view of the front of the house.  The white building to the left will be removed and a full porch put along this side.  EVENTUALLY!

Hope you enjoyed my little corner of the woods.

4 comments:

  1. This is the THIRD time I am going to try to get my response posted to your blog. I don't know what I do wrong but I type a whole long thing and then try to post it and I lose it. I am now logged into blogspot, so maybe that will help. Before I type anymore, let's see if this will post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Success!!!!

    So, my other two posts that didn't go thru on two different days were long explanations of me trying to see if I was oriented correctly on your property. I'll try to shorten it this time around.

    The panoramic picture you took, is the lake to your right? The picture that shows the pool and part of the 5er, are they where we parked our car when we visited you? The last shot, I have no idea. Can you just orient me better? Where was the 5er and the trailer that used to be there placed in comparison to the home you have built on the same site, or near the same site?

    Oh and the chickens and rooster are cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. and PS, thanks for posting this for me even if I am still confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I will talk you through tomorrow when I get on the computer. You are right about the pool and panoramic view. :)

    ReplyDelete